Sunday, July 12, 2009

Go See This Movie

Michael Mann has done it again. The director of classic films such as The Last of the Mohicans and Heat has again produced a masterpiece in his new film Public Enemies. Similar to Heat, Mann has again found a way to blend the perfect amount of action and drama into a stunning film. I missed the beginning in the theatre so I will save my full review for a later time. Without giving anything away I will simply say that Johhny Depp absolutely steals the show in his portrayal of the infamous bank robber Jonh Dilllinger. This is the first Mann/Depp picture, and I have a feeling it will not be the last.

1 comment:

  1. I know you're a huge Michael Mann fan, so I'm glad this didn't disappoint. I was thinking of missing this one, but now it's tops of my list.

    ReplyDelete